Tuesday, February 14, 2012

This is IT industry my friend ..

Hello !! May I talk to Uma Devi ..
Ya Speaking ..
What happened to my cubicle and machine ..
Nothing ..Why ?
I am in office and I find another person sitting on my machine , I don't know him.
ohh, you are in office ..Ya Chandra, actually you have been deallocated from the project ..
What!! deallocated .. why .. I was on leave and there was no intimation, I have been working in this project since a year and now suddenly ..
Sorry, I can't do anything chandra , I am working from home , you need to talk to the HR ..
You are working from home, the HR is in Chennai .. whom do I talk to ?? What do I do .. I come from a holiday and find my cubicle , machine everything snatched ..
And his cubicle mates are so busy with there deliverables that they have no time to console this guy .. just a formal Hi , thats it !! Shocked, he tries to gather some attention .. " Hi Ashok !!  Hi Adarsh ... How are you ?"  But Ashok and Adarsh have no power in there hand .. they chat for 5 mins and leave him on his fate .. and this was valentines day ... the company's love was showered on him .. The place where he worked till a few days , was all transformed into a stranger's den .. Another PM asks him to leave the zone and meet some HR.. but he is lost .. NO  I WON'T LEAVE THIS IS MY PLACE.. I WORK HERE.. THIS IS MY MACHINE ..
Back from a holiday .. and Chandra is alone !! His parents are searching a girl for him , huh, the groom is a software engg.. but alas , now what , no project , no work , may be they give me a pink slip when I meet HR .. What would I tell my parents .. How do I go back ... What would I do now ........... Sorry Chandra .. Bye !! Your time is up , this is IT industry .. we can't wait for you , All the best !!

6 comments:

  1. the IT industry is a black abyss with a twist. It lets u come up once in a while only to make u realize that 'bakde ki maa kab-tak khair manayegi?"

    Feeling bad about Chandra. he might have been victim of office politics, or they may have had ample reasons to remove him. But, at the end it's IT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree !! and this is more relevant during these times whn d economy is not stable and the companies face cut throat competition ..

      Delete
  2. as sm1 who is yet to have a taste of d corporate world, such stories hv started to scare me...

    once ur in d sector, u r its bitch... dis is wat u r rewarded vid wen u go out on a holiday n try 2 portray dat u hv a life...
    my best wishes r vid mr. chandra, hope derez smthin btr in store 4 him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don b scared .. jus try to accumulate as much as u can ... leave rest on HIM ..

      btw u ve got a nice face, this icon misrepresents u ;)

      Delete
  3. a blog was long due from you , very nicely packaged , use of simple words just adds to the flow ...

    speaking about IT industry , grass is always green at the other side .Its only when you are at the other side you face the monster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thnks Manish fr the well timed motivation :)
      Looking at d IT as a money spinning career is a norm of today while selecting branch in engg or choosing BCA over Bsc ..no sin, I agree !! but every industry has its own set of rules .. fair or foul they may be !!!

      Delete